Pages

Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Memorial Day Weekend

I don't know about you but memorial day weekend didn't come quick enough. Last week felt like the week that went on forever and luckily, with three days off, so did the weekend.

Friday night I went to the first Jazz in the Garden of the season. I have to say this is by far my favorite summer time event. It's so relaxing to just sit on the grass with some friends and a picnic, listen to the music, people watch, and enjoy the sunshine. I have to say Friday felt like summer with the hot weather we were having.

Saturday was perfect for sleeping in and after avoiding the hot sun M and walked from his apartment to the stadium to watch the DC United soccer team play. It was really fun being in the arena, neither of us had been before, and the fans as usual were crazy. I don't know what the deal is but apparently the thing to do in DC is throw fake white snow at each other during soccer games.

The rest of the weekend was spent, sleeping, reading and eating. Basically a weekend of relaxation. With such gorgeous weather it was hard not to just lounge and enjoy. Unfortunately last night when we ate dinner on the porch I also got my first mosquito bites of the season and boy do they itch! Luckily I only have three so it could be a lot worse.

No comments: