Pages

Friday, March 20, 2009

First Day of Spring

Finally a day with no rain and some sunshine! To make the most of it I decided that today would be the beginning of my spring training. Coincidentally, yesterday I made myself a training schedule for the Susan G Komen Race for the Cure that will be happening in DC on June 6th. Nothing like a little 5K to get you up and moving again!

Today, after work, I blew the dust off of my running shoes and I headed out the door and along the river. 3 miles later I was back home, feeling a little tired but exhilarated. I forgot how much fun it is to run. It's a great time to think about all those things that have been bumbling around in my mind and also to just enjoy nature. During my run today I realized that the trees are beginning to bud and I was impressed by the amount of daffodils that are out. I forgot how truly beautiful they can be.

Today is training day #1. Tomorrow I am also scheduled to go on a 2 mile run. I am hoping that by blogging about my runs I will stay motivated and stick to the training schedule I have created. Any help, encouragement is appreciated. My goal is a 25 minute 5K or better.

1 comment:

Paige said...

All right, you go girl! Although I must state for the record you are crazy if you actually like to run!