Pages

Monday, January 26, 2009

Nothing

After work on Saturday I decided that for the rest of the weekend I wanted to do absolutely nothing. I've spent a lot of time recently working, thinking about working, writing curriculum and generally just getting things done. I've been craving going on a vacation and taking some time off but with needing to save my vacation days for my brother's upcoming wedding, it's not really a possibility right now. So instead I felt that the best part of a holiday is doing nothing, so nothing it was for the entire weekend. Nothing to me consisted of watching TV, baking cookies, reading a book and watching M's hockey game. That was it. All weekend. And I have to say, it was glorious!

I forgot how much I like reading fun-reading books. It's been a while since I've picked something up to read just for fun. Most of my reading lately has been nutrition related, work email, curriculum writing, etc. Not fun lose-yourself-in-a-good-book reading. I picked High Fidelity off of M's bookcase and I have to say it was a great choice. The perfect easy to read story, short chapters, and parts of it were even laugh-out-loud funny. Perfect for curling up on the couch under a blanket on a cold winter weekend and doing nothing.

No comments: