Pages

Sunday, November 02, 2008

Shred - Day 1

I used to run. I say used to because it's been about 2 and a half months since the last time I went out on a run. Back then, I was training for a 5k. I created a training schedule for six weeks and I stuck to it . . . for about a week. Then, before I knew it, the 5k I was training for had come and gone and I wasn't running. I try to blame it on the change in temperature, the change in my work schedule, etc, etc but really I'm just not running.

So, this weekend I decided to face reality. Running isn't happening. That realization combined with the purchase of my first** DVD player is why I ended up buying Jillian Michael's 30-day Shred Workout DVD today. I first read about it on one of my favorite blogs and although I am not looking to lose weight it looked like a good workout that I wouldn't get bored with and would build some muscle tone.

After getting home this afternoon I popped the DVD into my DVD player and pressed play for the Level 1 workout scoffing at the girl that would be demonstrating the modified movements. 20 minutes later I was in a heap on the floor praising the modified movements.

Man it's hard and I only completed Level 1. Okay let's be honest, I only completed the modified Level 1. At one point during the workout Jillian made a comment to the hypothetical people that were on day 6 of using the workout. She asked them if they were surprised how much stamina they had built up since day 1 and how easy the workout was feeling now. I can't wait to get to that point because right now I know that tomorrow I am going to be sore. Very sore. Not a bad sore but a good, finally used my muscles, sore. That will teach me for scoffing at the modified movements.



**Remember how long it took me to get a new cell phone? Yeah, I'm not that quick on boarding the DVD-train either

No comments: