Pages

Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Weekend in CA

It's been a little while since I've posted anything and for that I apologize. Life seems to have been moving at hyperspeed recently. Too many trips during the summer, saying yes to too many work projects recently and trying to keep up my social life makes it hard to keep up on the blog. But I'm going to try my best. This weekend soul friend is coming down from NY and we are going on a photo safari so hopefully I'll even have some fun photos to post.

Last weekend, however, I spent in CA getting to know my nephew and catching up with the rest of the family and the new extended family. I might be a little biased by my nephew is the most awesome little man. We spent a lot of time just wandering around and playing with whatever we could get our hands on. I also got to help out with bath time and experience the afternoon walk, a strategy to get my little nephew to fall asleep and take a nap. Let me just say it's about 50/50 whether he takes the nap or not. Regardless you feel exhausted by the time you get back and he's full of beans.

It was so much fun to be back in CA, if only for the weekend, plus it was awesome to spend time with those I love the most. I'm so lucky to have such a wonderful family. Now if only I could get the work stuff under control I would feel at peace with the world . . . maybe next week.

No comments: