Pages

Friday, May 09, 2008

Family Time

Last weekend my mom and dad were in town for a quick visit. After some flight delays on Friday night and three trips to the airport, we were finally reunited around midnight. Unfortunately, we had a lot planned for Saturday which meant not too much sleep for the weary travelers. To start the day we headed up to Maryland for the nutrition class that I teach every week. Afterwards we went directly to one of my newest best friends 1st birthday party.

Luckily, Sunday was a little slower paced and was reserved as the day for the parents. We slept in, enjoyed blueberry pancakes and then headed out to Mount Vernon for the day.


Not only were we blessed with a gorgeously sunny and warm day but we were also able to enjoy wandering around the gardens of Mount Vernon. Below are some photos of the flowers and the grounds of Mount Vernon.









I have to admit it was sad on Monday when I dropped my parents off at Union Station in DC. I love having them around and it's trips like these that remind me how lucky I was when I won the parent lottery.

No comments: