Pages

Saturday, April 05, 2008

Chocolate Crispy Cookies

You Absolutely HAVE to Try These Cookies


Part of the hazard of being a dietitian is that I often buy things at the store that my patients tell me they eat so I can have the nutrition facts label to use as demonstration during my counseling sessions. Unfortunatley these items are usualy not items I would buy for myself.

One of the items I tend to buy a lot of is cereal. Luckily I have learned to buy the one serving cereal bowls instead of the large boxes. This week I found myself with a tub of rice krispies sitting on my shelf. I suppose I could have just eaten them for breakfast but I'm not really a big fan of rice krispies. The only recipe I could think of off the top of my head was rice krispie treats. Have you ever made anything else with rice krispies? Lucky for me a brief internet search yielded the following absolutely delicious recipe.


Chocolate Crispy Cookies
  • 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 1/2 cup margarine or butter, softened
  • 1 cup sugar
  • 1 egg
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla
  • 2 cups Rice Krispies®
  • 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
Preheat oven to 350F. Cream butter and sugar together. Add egg and vanilla, mix well. Add flour, baking soda and salt. Mix to form dough. Stir in Rice Krispies and chocolate chips. Drop by rounded spoonful onto baking sheet and bake for 12 minutes. Cool on wire rack. Enjoy!

No comments: