Pages

Friday, March 14, 2008

List #14 - Five Years

I was looking through my journal again last night and it's weird to think how different my life has been each and every year. When you are young you think you know absolutely everything about life. But, as you get older, you realize that there's no way of knowing everything about life.

  • 2003 - I had just begun conducting informational interviews to figure out what the next step was after graduating from UCSB. Little did I know that an interview with a dietitian would change my path from business economics to nutritional science.
  • 2004 - I had just returned from a ski trip with my boyfriend at the time. Little did I know that it would be rare to find someone that I could spend an entire weekend with after only three dates.
  • 2005 - I had just made a decision for me. Little did I know it would be a decision I would sometimes regret.
  • 2006 - I was planning a bridal shower for one of my very close friends. Little did I know that spending time with her and her husband would introduce me to amazing people and take me all over the world (Illinois, Mammoth, and Tanzania).
  • 2007 - I had just begun looking seriously into moving to Washington DC and was a little concerned about how it would all work out. Little did I know that everything would just fall into place; apartment, work, and friends.

No comments: