Pages

Thursday, January 10, 2008

TGIT!

If thursday is the new friday then TGIT! I was dreading today all week but honestly it hasn't been as bad as I thought it would be.

Knowing that I had a completely booked schedule of patients today (12!) I arrived at work a half an hour early this morning. What I didn't realize is that I would have more energy by getting up at 6:30 instead of 7:15 (like normal). Maybe it's due to my REM patterns or maybe it's just the excitement of knowing that I had a lot to do today. Regardless the morning flew by. One no show followed by four counseling sessions and I felt like I was on a roll. What was better was that I even had time to get my charting from the morning done before I headed home for a quick lunch.

Sidenote: I really cherish the fact that I can stop at home for lunch. To spend an hour in the comfort of my home as a midday escape is priceless. And now that I think about it, probably one of the ways in which I cope with the demands of my job. I honestly count my blessings everyday that I have this luxury. It's also something that is a big argument for never moving from my current apartment.

After lunch I was sure that things were going to get crazy but luckily I had quite a few no shows which seemed to balance out the craziness. Four counseling sessions and three no shows allowed me time to get my charting done before five, assess five of my patients for tomorrow morning and spend time with the tech support guy setting up my new computer.

Did you read that? I finally got my new laptop today!!!! Besides being paid, getting the laptop was the highlight of the day. Not only is it lighter then the laptop-made-of-lead that I have been lugging around for the past 7 weeks but it runs faster and has all the new nifty features a computer should have. Oh how my life is going to get easier. Even more so now that I have pandora.com to keep me entertained as I catch up on charting or get ahead assessing patients. Speaking of which I was so focused on getting things done I ended up staying a half hour late today to prep for tomorrow without even noticing.

I know I complain about work to some of you, but honestly I really have to count my blessings for where I am right now. I guess I forgot when I was dreading today that slow days are boring and I strive off of busy days, it's when I can remain focused and get the most done. So, happy thursday!

No comments: