Pages

Saturday, November 10, 2007

Home Sweet London!

Just in case you were worried, I have made it safe and sound to London. For the first time in a long time I was on a flight that had some empty seats and although I was sitting in the middle section I had the benefit of an empty seat next to me. I also thoroughly enjoyed my vegetarian meal from United. I was prepared for the worst but it was actually quite tasty, and lot more interesting then the regular meals that everyone else was enjoying.

As for the entertainment, I enjoyed the following three films:
  1. Sicko by Michael Moore - a look at the health system in the United States.
  2. No Reservations with Catherine Zeta Jones - not my favorite romantic comedy but definitely a good way to pass the time on the plane
  3. Licence to Wed with Robin Williams - a ho-hum comedy about the engagement period

Although our flight arrived early, we got sent into a holding pattern and then had to wait as another plane was still boarding at our gate. So instead of arriving at 9:15, we finally were able to get off the plane at our scheduled 10pm arrival time. Oops! Not to worry, the tube to the flat was straightforward and I was in bed and asleep by 11:30.

Today I am off to meet my nephew and then Dad and I will have some father-daughter bonding time this evening. Ooh! And we just watched the planes practicing for the Remembrance Day fly by as part of the Remembrance Day parade planned for tomorrow. Oh, how I love you London.

No comments: