Pages

Sunday, November 18, 2007

Crema de Coliflor (Cream of Cauliflower Soup)

This recipe is the first one I have made out of my Sopas y Guisados cookbook that I bought last summer when I was living in Mexico. After two months of delicious soups I just had to have a cookbook so I could relive a little bit of Mexico after I returned to the US. I just can't believe it has taken me this long to try one out. Although the creamy whiteness of the soup isn't visually stimulating, the flavor is unbelievable.


Crema de Coliflor
  • 1 head of cauliflower
  • olive oil
  • 3 cups vegetable broth
  • 1 cup nonfat milk
  • salt and pepper to taste
Slice the cauliflower into small florets. Place in a large soup pot and drizzle with olive oil. Cook over medium heat, approximately 3 minutes. Add vegetable broth and simmer for 15 minutes or until cauliflower is soft. Turn off the heat and let cool. Add milk and stir to mix. Liquidize in batches in a blender until smooth. Reheat and serve.

1 comment:

K.S. said...

This looks so healthy for you, too!