Pages

Thursday, November 15, 2007

Caprese Salad

Easy Peasy Caprese! If I were to pack a lunch today I would have made myself this salad. I had some leftover tomatoes and basil from yesterday's dip, so why not. It's both flavorful and refreshing.

Caprese Salad
  • Tomatoes
  • Fresh Basil Leaves
  • Fresh Mozzarella
  • Olive Oil
  • Balsamic Vinegar
  1. Slice the tomatoes into 1/4 inch thick slices. Layer tomato slices and mozzarella with a basil leaf. Drizzle with olive oil and a shake of balsamic vinegar. Enjoy!
Today's lunchbox consists of a few snacks as I will be going out to lunch with my coworkers:
1/2 cup plain nonfat yogurt with 2 tsp flax seed and 1 tsp sweetened chestnut
Gala Apple
Kashi Granola Bar - Honey, Almond, Flax Seed

2 comments:

Goombella said...

Caprese salad is the best -- chomp!

I've been meaning to ask, what does flax seed do nutrition-wise? It must be good since it is always in your lunch!

Adventurous Twenty-Something said...

Flax seed is a good source of Omega-3 fatty acids, a "good" fat for heart health. It's also provides fiber and flavor to the diet. If you eat flax seed you should make sure it is ground flax, like what I put in my yogurt, and not the whole seed, like what is in the kashi bars (I don't buy them for the flax, I just like the almonds). The whole seed will just pass through your system while the ground seed will provide the omega-3.