Pages

Monday, November 19, 2007

Apple and Berry Crumble

Tonight I went over to the marrieds house for dinner. I was supposed to cook a fruit crumble for them but instead I ended up buying a strawberry and rhubarb pie from the local supermarket. Luckily the pie was a hit but I decided I should probably post a crumble recipe anyway. This recipe comes from Donna Hay Modern Classics 2. Her recipe calls for blueberries but I suggest raspberries, strawberries, blackberries, or any other type of berry that suits your fancy.


7 green apples, cored and chopped
1 cup fresh berries
1/3 cup sugar
1 tsp finely grated lemon rind
2 tsp lemon juice

1 cup rolled oats
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
2.5 oz butter
1/2 tsp cinnamon

Preheat oven to 350F. Place apples, berries, sugar, lemon rind and juice into a bowl and stir to combine. Place in ovenproof dish. Combine topping ingredients in a medium bowl. Spoon topping mixture over fruit and bake for 55 minutes or until topping is crisp and fruit is soft. Serve warm.

1 comment:

Paige said...

The pie was delicious! Always fun to have our favorite adventurous twenty-something over for dinner!