Pages

Sunday, October 14, 2007

Whole Wheat Buttermilk Chocolate Chip Pancakes


To fuel up for a day's worth of studying, and to get rid of the buttermilk I had hanging around in my fridge, I decided to make myself a Sunday morning feast of pancakes. This recipe comes from my most reliable cookbook, Betty Crocker. Enjoy!

Whole Wheat Buttermilk Pancakes
1 cup whole wheat flour
1 large egg
1 tablespoon brown sugar
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
1 cup buttermilk
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt

Mix all ingredients in a small bowl. Heat griddle or frying pan over medium heat. Add batter to hot griddle adding chocolate chips to taste. Cooke pancake until bubbly on top, flip and cook other side until golden brown.

3 comments:

K.S. said...

Ooo, perfect! I have buttermilk left over, too. Maybe I'll make these for dinner tonight!

K.S. said...

I made these! Buttermilk things rule!

Paige said...

Yummy yummy! When are you going to come and cook me some chocolate chip pancakes?