Pages

Wednesday, October 17, 2007

The wheels on the bus go round and round

Everyday I take the bus to and from work. It's great actually. I walk out of the door of my apartment and stroll down the block to the bus stop at the end of my street. After a brief moment enjoying the crisp fall air the bus arrives and I am whisked away to my work neighborhood. Droppped off a block away from my office it's a short beautiful walk through the park before I am sitting at my desk ready for a day of work. Then at 5 o'clock the process reverses itself as I admire the afternoon light shining through the trees in the park and people watch at the metro station before boarding the bus and heading back to my neighborhood. Or so it's supposed to go.

On Monday, the evening bus was more than 20 minutes late. So instead of taking my normal route I opted for a little adventure and took a new route home.
Pros: It's a faster route.
Cons: It drops me about three blocks from my house, not at the end of the street.

Yesterday, the bus was on time. However, about halfway through the ride home the driver pulled the bus over to the side of the road, got out of the driver's seat and left the bus. Bus still running, full of passengers, on the road with no hazard lights.
Pros: The driver didn't wet his pants.
Cons: The normally 40 minute ride turned into an hour long ride.

1 comment:

Paige said...

Wow, that must have been unexpected! It could have been worse, the bus driver could have never come back.