Pages

Sunday, October 28, 2007

Comfort Foods

Lately I've found that I haven't really been making an effort to cook. In fact I haven't really been making an effort to do much of anything in the kitchen. But what I have found is that when I finally convince myself to spend some time in the kitchen I spend the time making comfort foods.


Irish Oatmeal Soda Bread
In my original post I made some substitutions to the original recipe, but in all honesty the original recipe is the way to go. In fact I have now edited the original post because it is the one and only way this bread should be made.


Vegetable Pasta Sauce
I make this pasta sauce over the weekend, freeze half and leave the other half in the fridge for the week. Basically it's a large can of diced tomatoes, italian herbs, squash, bell pepper, mushrooms and whatever other vegetables look good that week at the store.


Chocolate Chip Cookies
Only the best chocolate chips ever! Although I have to say mine never quite turn out like Jen's regardless of how closely I follow the recipe.

Good thing NaBloPoMo starts this week!

No comments: