Pages

Sunday, September 09, 2007

How was your weekend?

Yesterday I had the joy of spending most of the day at the Virginia DMV. So to treat myself I spent the afternoon in Old Town Alexandria wandering the booths at the Alexandria Arts Festival. I think just about every city I have ever lived in had an Arts Festival. I remember as a child wandering around the Los Altos Art and Wine Festival in California amazed at the photography, paintings and unique jewelry. The Alexandria Arts Festival was pretty much the same, minus the wine. The most interesting artist was David Schmidt who does banana photos. Below is one of my favorites entitled "Happy Anniversary".

David Schmidt Photography www.bananaphoto.com

After spending yesterday not studying, I knew when I woke up this morning, today would be a work day. So after a delicious ladies brunch at the Peacock Cafe in Georgetown, it's time to hit the books. I am going to get this studying done so I can take this test and really revel in the fact that I am no longer in school. That being said, I might become a bit of a hermit over the next few weeks but hopefully you won't take it personally.

No comments: