Pages

Monday, June 11, 2007

Life of the Unemployed

With no internet access at home and only half an hour from the library each day, it's been a little difficult to keep up with everything and everyone lately. I guess the good news is that at least I have some internet access.

Graduation weekend was absolutely amazing. Fifteen of my closest friends and family piled into a hummer limo on Friday afternoon to attend the master's commencement ceremony before partying until the wee hours of the morning. You know, getting around LA in a car isn't so bad when you have someone else doing the driving. I also had someone else in charge of the photography, but I promise I'll post some pics as soon as I get my hands on them.

Reflecting on this weekend, I am so lucky to have such supportive friends and family. I'm even more lucky that they all get along with each other so I don't have to split my time amongst them. I think that was one of the best parts of the weekend. People were free to do what they wanted when they wanted but I had an opportunity to spend time with each and every one of them.

Now that everyone has left I am faced with an increasingly empty apartment and the task of getting myself organized for my move across the nation. When I said goodbye to my father this past sunday, he reminded me that we would be seeing each other again in three weeks in San Antonio, Texas. Hard to believe it's only three weeks until I leave California. But good to know it's only three weeks away because as of today everything in my apartment is packed and half of my furniture has been sold.

Coming up: Next week I'm in Virginia/DC to apartment hunt then I return for a mere four days before I leave California for good on the 28th. Hopefully four days will be just enough time for a going away party, packing up my relocube, and completing a final cleaning on my apartment.

1 comment:

Paige said...

Enjoy your unemployed life while it lasts. =) We can't wait to see you soon!