Pages

Thursday, May 31, 2007

It's All Happening Now

Well dear readers this is it . . . my 100th post. Hard to believe that a mere 6 months ago I was celebrating Blog Post Number 50. Even harder to believe how much news I have to share in this milestone post.

  1. I am done with my dietetic internship!!
    As of today, I have finished the last day of my outpatient rotation. That means I am officially done with my dietetic internship and am now Registered Dietitian Eligible.

  2. I am done with my graduate project!!
    I have gotten approval from all three of my committee members and the director of the department. All that's left is to print two copies of my project on cotton paper and turn them into the Cal State LA library.

  3. I am moving to Virginia!!
    In case you missed it, during my rotations I finally found the area of dietetics that I really want to be involved in, Nutrition Research. After discussing my options with my preceptor from my research rotation it came to light that a lot of nutrition research is located in the Maryland, Washington DC, and Northern Virginia area. So I've decided to pack my bags and see what the east coast has to offer me. Plus by moving there I'll be closer to a lot of my pals I haven't seen much of in the past three years.

  4. Next week is my last week of being a graduate student!!
    Monday I have my last final. Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday I have a review course for the registered dietitian exam. Then, Friday is graduation day! Words can't express how excited I am to finally be a Registered-Dietitian-Eligible-Masters-Graduate and to have my friends and family here to celebrate with me for the weekend.


**NOTE: As of tomorrow, June 1st, I will no longer have internet available at my house. There is internet available down the street at the public library which I intend to make full use of until I leave CA on the 28th of June. So if I don't post as much or don't respond as quickly to your email, at least you know why.**

2 comments:

Paige said...

Congratulations!!! We can't wait for you to be in Virginia!!! The East Coast rocks!

nicole said...

wow, lots of changes coming up in the next two weeks. these past 2 or so years have been fun with you christina! best of luck in virgina, I am very excited for you.