Pages

Saturday, December 23, 2006

White Bean Dip


Right now it's the calm before the storm. In about an hour I'm going to pick my parents up from the airport. This year I have invited them to my house for Christmas. Not only does that mean that I am now responsible for the entire Christmas meal, it also means I am responsible for feeding and entertaining them for the next three days. I'm really excited about this opportunity. It could make them want to come back again and again, or it could completely dissuade them from ever visiting me again. Nervous? No, I have a game plan.

Since I won't be able to prepare the meal ahead of time I've stocked up on drinks and nibbles to keep my parents busy when I don't need their assistance in the kitchen. With the dining room table in the kitchen, they can either watch me prepare everything or I can send them to the living room to relax and read a book. To go with my nibbles I whipped up this quick and easy bean dip. Unfortunately it's been the only dish I have been able to make ahead.


White Bean Dip
1/4 cup fresh cilantro
juice of one lime
1 teaspoon low-sodium soy sauce
2 tablespoons olive oil
8 oz great northern beans, or other white beans
1 teaspoon minced garlic
chopped plum tomato (one or two)

  • Place all items in a food processor and blend until smooth.

  • Top with diced tomato and serve with tortilla chips.

No comments: