Pages

Wednesday, June 07, 2006

The Summer Begins

Although much of last quarter felt like a holiday, I am now officially on my summer break. It's wonderful but it's also bittersweet, because this may in fact be the last summer break of my life. How weird is that? I guess I won't officially be able to say that until I am retired because who knows, I may end up being a teacher and having summer breaks every year. At least that's what A thinks will be my career path.

Last summer break or not, it's going to be the best three months of my life. At the end of this month I'll be taking off for Mexico to live with a host family and immerse myself in the Spanish language for two months. Right now I'm super excited about the adventure, but I am also a little bit scared that my nonexistant knowledge of Spanish is going to make life very difficult. Regardless, I'm ready to release the familiar and embrace the new.

Which brings me to the reason why I am blogging. I am a scrapbooker at heart, but lately it's been more of a chore than a joy. So I am hoping that by posting this blog I can have something for people to look through and enjoy, like my scrapbooks, but without the frustration and hatred of cropping that I have been experiencing lately.

Hopefully I'll be able to post while I am in Mexico but who knows. So to all those who read this, enjoy!

No comments: